May 17, 2015

Gathering

The youngest is home from the University for the weekend. It is good to see him. School is out for the summer, but since he has a job in B-town he only gets occasional days off for a visit. I think my oldest son is going to come down after work today too.  the wife has a cookout planned and with the addition of my daughter and her family the whole brood will be together for the first time since Christmas Day.  That makes me smile.

I know the boys will go past the Coors Light and Bud straight for the bootlegged Yeungling out in the garage 'fridge. That is OK by me.

I hope Ma Nature cooperates, but if it rains it will not be the first time I have huddled over a grill holding a spatula in one hand and an umbrella in another. It makes it harder to drink a beer while cooking, but I am sure I will manage.

The tree came down OK, it rained on and off all afternoon, but we got it down. Now I just have to get rid of the wood.

1 comment:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Don't you need to purchase carbon offsets to make up for all that CO2>C+02 loss?

And think of the carbon emissions when someone burns that wood...

Tsk, tsk.

/sarc :)

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger