June 29, 2015

Do not kayak in flood waters you idiots

We find ourselves at the start of yet another work week. I'm breathing and that is a good thing. The rain finally stopped Saturday afternoon and the yard was mostly dry enough to mow on Sunday. I cut the lawn while the wife pulled weeds from the flower beds. We then spent a few hours cutting up branches from the tree we cut down a few weeks ago. By evening I was pooped.

There is a chipmunk scurrying around in the driveway and front yard. It rained over night and looks like it will resume at any time. The wife discovered the rabbits have been chewing her flowers. She was pissed. They ate one big purple one in front. No,I don't know, it had purple flowers. We got stuff that will supposedly smells like dirty diapers, beer farts, and rotten eggs to a bunny and will discourage him from wanting to eat.  We shall see.

Chris Squire, co-founder and bassist from my favorite band Yes died Saturday evening. I am bummed. That dude could make his yellow Rickenbacker sing.


1 comment:

hey teacher... said...

Nice written imagery to go with the Chris Squire tribute. Saw the Stones in Kansas City,(reward for helping my nephew move). Didn't play "Can you hear me knocking?". Yes, this is my official request for Friday.
I think Jagger skipped, hopped, strutted and ran 25 miles that night. It was an incredible show.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger