September 25, 2015

Partying in a Pope Hat

Winter is coming. There was the faintest bit of russet and gold amongst the green of the trees in Minnesota and Wisconsin during my travels this week. Which brings us to this week's Friday music selection.

I had the Agents of Fortune album on 8 track back in the seventies. (Mmmm-click-click.. )I think I had it on vinyl too. While I might have dropped a couple of bucks on an LP, I was never a big BOC fan. There is a sketchy and tenuous link between the leaves dying and this song, but I'm not up to the task of fleshing out the idea. Just listen to the music and enjoy your Friday.


It was my intention to put up some Fleetwood Mac this morning. I think the harmonies on the song Dreams are beautiful. When I woke, BOC was playing in my head, so here we are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I just don't get the whole Pope thing. Then again since the Vatican has the most stringent immigrant policy in the world, maybe he doesn't know.

JOG

hey teacher said...

1st heard this song while at journalism camp @ IU the summer before my senior HS year. Great memories. Always liked early BOC, later , Godzilla, etc... sucks.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Earliest BOC was best.
Screaming Dizzbusters.

hey teacher... said...

I think there were seven of them. Perhaps they were screaming because their wings were wetted down.

hey teacher... said...

Joe,
I don't fear the Reaper but I do fear you have been duped into posting a sub-par version of "Don't Fear the Reaper". I listened to it as posted and didn't think much of it but then I went down the BOC rabbit hole on YouTube and listened to a mix tape of BOC and Reaper came up. The initial vocals were more hushed in the original, the guitar is less fuzzed out and the la, la, las are smoother.
I only mention this because of the audiophile I feel you are and I've got all my papers graded and have nothing else to do. Onto some cute cat videos...

Joe said...

I find most YouTube vids are disappointing audio-wise. I'm a lazy sort, and posting on the iPad leaves a bit to be desired, so I usually take one of the first few choices. If I choose the video through the blogger app, I can't listen first, I have to wait until it is published then go through the whole thing again if I want to replace it. Since only you and I like these posts, I don't usually make the edits unless the video is particularly bad, or is missing new kid boobies like the Fast Times video I first chose a few weeks ago. I fixed that one for obvious reasons.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger