December 19, 2015

Proud Papa

My daughter graduates from college today. she has earned her Masters in Education Administration from Butler University. She also did her undergraduate work at Butler, graduating with honors.

This time she completed the course in the evenings, working all the while. She also had a baby during the course of the study, without taking a semester off. In spite of these challenges she managed to score almost a perfect 4.0.  She clearly got not only her looks, but also her brains from her mom. So, despite my longstanding reluctance to attend any graduation ceremony (including my own), I'm off to Butler University to see my daughter once again don cap and gown to receive her due.

7 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Excellent! Congrats to the grad and proud papa. Good on that kid for taking it all on and succeeding so resoundly.

Anonymous said...

Great post

James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

Congrats man.

Jean said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!

Joe said...

Thank you all for your kind words

hey teacher... said...

Your daughter is truly to be congratulated in completing her degree with the obstacles you mentioned and the extra , how should I put this, "stuff" that our esteemed educators have dumped on teachers cloaked as reform. Is she looking for a principal position, if so that's great we need administrators that have actually been in the classroom and not just on parent/teacher day. I am now officially getting off my soapbox. Please pass along my congratulations proud papa.

Joe said...

Thank you

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger