February 5, 2018

Exclamation Point

What a football game! I had no dog in that hunt, but it was sure fun to watch, especially given the outcome.

Maybe the cameras didn't show it, but it sure appeared that Brady refused to shake the opposition's hands, instead opting to leave the field immediately after the game. I hope not. That is a totally classless act.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Could announcer Cris Collinsworth be any more of a cheerleader for the Pats? I expected him to be wearing a short skirt and Minuteman sweater, waving red, white, and blue pompoms, instead of sporting a suit when they cut away to the booth. I would not be surprised to learn Collinsworth has a picture of Tom Brady next to his bed that he kisses every night like a love-sick teenager.

We snacked away the game after eating a late lunch in mid-afternoon. No Soup-er Bowl Sunday after all. I threw some cocktail weenies in homemade BBQ sauce in the Crock Pot*. Nachos, hot wings and a pan of brownies completed the feast. I cannot call it a party, when it was just the wife and I. It certainly wasn't a gathering. Calling it a social event is not accurate. It was just a couple of people having too many snacks. No beer or alcohol was involved. There was no nudity. No sex. No loud music. I guess you would call it "two old people sitting on the couch eating stuff off paper plates while watching football and sad dramas on TV".

Oh well, have a great Monday. The Patriots are losers and that is a good start.


*this is a pretty new slow cooker -- less than a year old. No chance of fire.  I might add, that we just tossed an old slow cooker last year that was more than 35 years old. Yes, people have old small appliances and use them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't really care who won, would have been nice to see a little more defense. My friend from Philly is calling this a classic, will wait and see but it was interesting but to me not a classic. The NFL has to fix some issue, the kickers were having problems with the logo and the catch or no catch thing needs to be fixed. My friend from Philly thinks Foles will still be the backup next year. The halftime show plain sucked, but then again I like music where I can understand the words.


James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

I heard there was a game on last night.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger