August 14, 2021

Partying on Martha’s Vinyard with the Obama

I cannot believe I am still struggling to write the music post I started last Saturday. That is crazy for me. I’ve told you before, most of my posts are extemporaneous. Perhaps even impromptu. I sit down and write. The notion that I have worked on a post on and off for a week leaves me baffled. The problem is to do it right will fill a college blue book. We are talking mid-term paper effort. Frankly, I don’t want to put in that much work and anything else just won’t do the topic justice. 

The end result is the post will join the growing pile of draft post, hidden from electronic sunlight until my heirs publish them in an endless series of “lost works” anthologies after my famous self has returned to dust, like the cash-hungry heirs of Jimi Hendrix and Louis L’Amour have done. Seriously, how many times can you repackage the same old material and pass it off as something new? I see my family digging up the unpublished stuff cluttering the electronic draft folder, fading in old spiral notebooks, and on yellowing sheets of scrap paper. The public will no doubt demand it. 

What? Rest assured, I am confident my genius is going to be recognized and rewarded in my lifetime. The day is coming when I will be named by acclamation as Supreme Ruler and Potentate of all the Land, Water, and Atmosphere, Arbiter of all Things, and All Around Great Guy. This blog will be all the evidence needed to show people how to think, live, and behave. 

You are welcome. And if you stick around long enough you might even get to see the unrequited efforts hidden in the unpublished draft category. 

Oh, I got a new job. Back on the road. Outside sales. Not where I was financially. Above where I am. 

You really should always read through to the end of my bullshit.

Have a great Saturday.

3 comments:

Cappy said...

Congratulations on the new job. May it be the first step on your path to potentate and world domination.

Hey, when you become potentate, can you create a 3rd lane on I-70? Bushwhacked last week by 1 lane roading it between Richmond and Indianapolis. Wary of that on the trip home, took US 40. Not bad. Visited Cleveland and Philadelphia.

Somewhere in there was a directional to Rushville. Home of the gal who was Maid of Honor at my friend Big Mike's wedding back in 1976. I was Best Man.

Practical Parsimony said...

Is this a promotion in the company or an entirely new company? Congratulations on the new job.

Joe said...

New company

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger