October 15, 2021

I am exactly the same size and weight as a crash test dummy.

 I’m slow to the blog this morning. No reason, I just slept late again. The dog is intensely staring at me in vain hope I will share my breakfast. I don’t think it is the coffee he covets as much as the beef jerky. Yes, you read that correctly. Do I judge you? 

OK, sometimes. Especially if you eat loathsome sweet potatoes. Or vegetarian hamburger. Maybe just a wee bit if you put ketchup on a hot dog…I better stop, I judge people a lot. 

Perhaps “judge” isn’t the correct word. I just know what is right and proper and what is not. As arbiter of good taste and decency, I could let you know if you are ever in doubt. 

Wait, how strange is this? I just got an email. Reader Chris writes My hot girlfriend doesn’t like Ranch dressing so…[insert sound of record scratching] stop right there. Just dump her if she doesn’t like Ranch. She probably also votes Democrat and carries around a purse dog of some sort.

And yet another: Dear Joe, my husband is a great provider, a wonderful father, and a Yankees fan…[screech] Divorce him. All Yankee fans are assholes. 

One more: Dear Joe, with the climate crisis getting increasingly worse…[Screech, thump, boing, thwack, bang] Get off my blog. “Increasingly worse” is repetitively redundant. Explain what made the glaciers melt and the Medieval warming period and I might buy into your were all gonna die climate cult. BTW, aren’t we past Al Gores point of no return already? 

That is enough for today. I’m always here if you need help figuring how to live the good life. God, guns, good food, and small government are all a pretty firm basis for living life right. But go ahead and ask me if you are not sure.


4 comments:

Greybeard said...

"Repetitively redundant"...
I LOVE that.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Hey now. Dad used to root for the Yankees...as long as they weren't playing the Cubs. (At least he didn't root for the thrice-damned Mets.)

Of course, everyone in his family was a Cubs fan...except his mother, who rooted for the Cardinals, especially when they played the Cubs. Dad told me he thought she did it just to stir the shit and piss off his dad. I never knew her, she died before I was born, but from what my older cousins tell me, that would be about right.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

And FWIW, I don't like Ranch, and you know damn well I'm no Commie Democrat...and I don't even own a dog, you can call home and ask my wife.

Cappy said...

I too suck as a therapist.

Diagnosis - you're nuts.
My recommendation - Stop it. Right now.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger