October 13, 2021

Uneven ground

I mentioned the other day that I slipped. 

I was zip lining with my wife and son and fell on some loose dirt. The ground was steep. This was the terrain:

The view west from Lookout Mountain taken by me

Yes, I was riding suspended from a thin cable at speeds in excess of 50mph in the Rocky Mountains. 

See there is proof. Right there on the left.

We spent the Saturday through Tuesday morning in the Denver area visiting my oldest son. It was great to see him.

On Monday, he had to work so we drove up into the mountains, spending the day in Breckinridge. The scenery was breathtaking. 

The village was charming, albeit touristy. Unfortunately, the gondola was closed in the in-between summer and skiing seasons, so we couldn’t do any of the activities up on the mountain. 

The wife was thrilled to see snow capped mountains in the summer and certainly had never been 11,000 feet above sea level before. 

In all it was a great time.  I took all of the scenery pictures with my trusty iPhone. Embiggen if you desire.

View from the interstate near Frisco

From downtown Breckenridge 


2 comments:

Cappy said...

Nothing beats the snow capped mountains of Indiana!

Ed Bonderenka said...

😄

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger