December 6, 2021

A Monday chock full of information

I find myself once again in Western Kentucky on the far side of both big lakes. I saw a couple of customers on the way before holing up in my hotel for the night. I will venture out for some dinner later.

I went to the foot doctor this morning prior to hitting the road. There is not much change. The break is still not completely healed. Short of another surgery there is not much to be done. I am going to have to live with the mild pain. He said given my slow healing and the way I walk on the outside of my foot there is no guarantee another surgery will heal either. The real question is can I live with it, the pain and occasional limping, or not? We will re-examine things in three months.

I broke the foot in April. Got a boot in May. Had surgery in July. Was completely off the foot in a boot and on crutches until September. My foot still hurts akin to a cramp in the arch of my foot. Sigh. I know, there are a great many people far worse off than I am. Here I go complaining  about a little ache in my foot.

I have been re-reading Arthur Haley’s “Hotel”. A book I last read in about 1974 or 1975 maybe. I don’t remember all of the details, but as I read along I remember what is about to happen in the plot right before I get to that point. It is strange. For instance when they go to a guest’s room I know generally what is going to happen, just not the details of the scene. In my memory’s defense, the mid-seventies were a very long time ago, and I was just a kid. I probably had no business reading the novel anyway. 

I usually stayed up most of the night reading and would grab whatever book Mom was reading and go through it. She probably wouldn’t have been pleased to know her 10 or 12 year old was reading novels written for adults.

Boy, I’m in a Chatty Cathy mood. That is enough of this nonsense today.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

It's disappointing when something doesn't heal the way you thought it would and you face the prospect that it won't.
A friend of mine told me this morning that he is involved in testing a prototype prosthetic leg being developed at U of M.
Articulated and AI driven to figure out how to bend the "ankle" as he walks.
He says it's like the terminator when he walks with the noises it makes.

Joe said...

That is cool though

Practical Parsimony said...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20182239/

Electrical stimulation can help to heal bone breaks that refuse to heal.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger