February 20, 2022

Yesterday’s Post Today

Before you totally distracted me yesterday I had some interesting stuff in mind to discuss. Yes, it was interesting because I said so. 

Don’t cop an attitude with me this morning. I’m in a good mood and I need not your gruff. 

Anyway, the wife likes to watch Wheel of Fortune with dinner. Since the Olympics have taken over the local NBC station, Wheel has moved to a subsidiary channel. 

Sorry to interrupt, but just how much ice skating can we stand anyway?

Switching over, Happy Days was on prior to Pat and Vanna. The wife pointed out that Happy Days was filmed in the seventies and was set in the fifties. That is roughly a twenty year gap. If Happy Days was filmed now it would be about life in 2002. Ponder that. 

“Think about this” she said, “Back in the day, when your old truck had an AM radio and all you could get was that oldies station from Chicago (WLS), those songs were only fifteen to twenty years old. Your so-called classic rock you listen to is fifty and sixty years old”. 

I did the math. Yup, she is right.

Consider this, I graduated  high school in 1980. We are further removed here in 2022 from 1980 than 1980 was from the Great Depression. And trust me, the Depression seemed like ancient history to high school me.

No wonder you roll your eyes when I mention Reagan or the Cold War. 

For goodness sake, the Clintons came in to power almost thirty years ago. No wonder I wish Hillary would go away. She has been cackling her way into the news far, far too long.

Geez, I feel old.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Better than feeling dead. 😀

Cappy said...

This post is the Great Depression.

Anonymous said...

In 1983, Eric Clapton released the hit single "I've got a rock and roll heart" that included his love of 1957 Chevys (a 26 year old car).
If the song were written today, would it be about a 1996 Chevy Lumina?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger