March 4, 2022

Back here at home there’s nothing to do

I have a small bowl of Raisin Bran under my belt - literally - this morning. I’m on my second cup of coffee. The day is sunny, but chilly. The temperature is right at freezing as I hunt and peck one-fingered on the iPad keyboard. I’m optimistic about the weather. We should hit the fifties today and might even creep into the low seventies Saturday. That is cigar weather! I may drag out the smoker and make some BBQ. 

I am staring at my computer screen. I am having a hard time getting motivated this morning. I have to answer why Big Customer sales are below forecast through the first two months. My gut response is “Hey, I just started in January” and “I didn’t make the forecast you are holding me accountable for”. But stuff doesn’t work that way. I’m getting big boy pay for big boy responsibilities. Mostly I’m looking for answers that don’t sound like excuses. 

Wasting time here doesn’t get my work done. 

A little Friday music to reflect my mood:


I’ve told the story here before about seeing the Go Go’s live back in the early eighties. You can look it up if you want. 

Or you can just have a great Friday.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger