June 20, 2022

My life is a Jimmy Buffet song

I’ve a bit of sunburn on my big white whale belly. There is also a hint of red in the usual places for me: the tops of my feet and around my knees. It isn’t severe, slight discomfort might be the best description. The red will turn to tan in a few days. 

I am already anticipating and dreading the end of vacation tomorrow. I like the beach, yet a few days is plenty of sand and sun. I never get tired of loafing and reading though. I do get very tired of hotel rooms. 

I suppose that last sentiment is a function of my job. I guess a five dollar hooker has spent more nights in a hotel room, but I’ve done enough to find it monotonous and dreary. At one point n my career I spent forty to sixty nights a year in various hotels and motels. In recent years, that average has dropped to twenty or twenty-five. That is still plenty. *  For reference, my hotel night count is at 13 so far this year. 

I’m not complaining. I love my job. I’m just saying my level of excitement in checking into a hotel is probably way different than yours when you go on your vacation or that trip to visit cousin Madge in Bettendorf. 

Anyway one more night then back home. That will be it for traveling vacation this year. So it goes. 


*the average when I was actually doing my traveling salesman gig, not the out-of-work interlude.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you rent a vacation home for your vacay? A lot less boring then hotel rooms and not as expensive. Good idea for next vacay??

Joe said...

We rented a house with my daughter when we came on spring break.this time the lodging was free because I used hotel points earned through all of those stays!

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of staying at the Ritz-Carlton. Love the ambience & dining experience. To each his own, I guess.

Joe said...

I like travel, just hotels aren’t as thrilling when you stayed in one maybe 900 times

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger