July 19, 2022

Satisfaction

 


It is pleasant and warm on the patio. The house leaves me in the shade. A good cigar sends plumes of fragrant smoke into the cloudless evening sky. 

A squirrel comes down from the big willow and runs along the top of the privacy fence. 

Classic rock plays on the little Bose speaker. My book sits unopened next to me. The traffic sounds of 141st street are muted.

Supper is done, the kitchen cleaned. The wife went shopping. 

I sit content. I had plenty of complaints this morning. Not so much this evening as I ponder all I have to be thankful for. 

Life is a far cry from a year ago.

Thanks for sticking with me faithful readers.



5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

And vice versa.

Jean said...

That's what friends do.

Cappy said...

Always enjoy cigars and drinks when in Indy, more around 73rd Street.

Anonymous said...

I like Roots Burher Bar on 71st

Joe

Anonymous said...

Burger. Sheesh

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger