October 27, 2022

I don’t give up easily

Memory is a funny thing. My brain tells me I watched My Three Sons during its original run (1960-1972).  I certainly was old enough to see it at the end of its run. It is far more likely my memories are of watching reruns in the seventies. During my formative years we had one TV and we watched whatever dad wanted to see (mom didn’t watch much TV). So if he liked MTS, then we watched it. I really don’t know. 

When I was maybe 12 or 13 I got a little 12” portable TV, so I could watch reruns and UHF stations with along with the three over-the-air channels we got normally. Of course it was black and white. 

My Three Sons starred Fred MacMurray as the widowed father of, you guessed it, three sons. Along with his uncle, who served as housekeeper, we saw the comedic adventures of everyday family life. It was pretty much standard sixties all-American sitcom fare. The show had two things going for it: a smoking hot Meredith MacRae as the girlfriend/wife of the oldest son, and a catchy theme song.



No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger