October 15, 2022

"I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine"

 I was going to trot  out a rerun today, but opted for this instead. Don’t thank me. The retread post was probably more entertaining than this dreck is likely to be.

I broke down and turned on the furnace yesterday morning for a few hours. It was 63 inside when I  got up. I was sitting on the couch freezing a decided it was crazy to shiver in a house with a perfectly good furnace. It is chilly this morning too, but I can live with 67. It looks like I’ll only save on gas for a few more days as sub-freezing weather and highs in the forties are in the forecast this week. 

If cars ran on snot I would be as rich as the sheiks of OPEC. Near constant nasal drip has left my nose irritated and sore from constant blowing and wiping. So far I have avoided for the most part the hacking cough the wife has. The wife has had complete and total laryngitis for two days now. She can only talk at a whisper. 

You might be saying “that’s great”. I will admit it makes for a long boring day when you cannot have even the most mundane conversations. Of course her situation allows me to launch into long diatribes, bad jokes, and historical dissertation without  her telling me “I don’t care” or rolling her eyes. It is just like living the old blog in real life. Imagine that! 

For those of you missing a music post yesterday I offer this ear worm. Have a great Saturday :



No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger