October 17, 2022

Is it petty to say I enjoy seeing Tom Brady lose his sh*t?

Life is always better when your sports team wins. That’s a fact. 

To the more important stuff, I’m feeling better. I know you are worried. The wife is still virtually voiceless, she can only speak with a faint whisper. She says she is feeling much better, she just cannot speak. 

Unfortunately, since the wife was sick the entire week, we didn’t get the carpets cleaned, we didn’t paint, we didn’t weed out some of the toys. Oh well, those projects will still be there tomorrow. 

Our family room couch is old and broken down. It’s springs are broken on one end and the lining is torn behind the cushions so stuff is always getting lost inside. It is pretty much what you would find in a college dorm room at this point. It needs replaced. 

The wife started looking at sofas last summer. Of course we were in no position to buy one then, I was transitioning from the big box to the short-lived insurance gig at that time. Catching up the bills and the mortgage was priority numero uno. She found the sofa she wanted, but we had to wait. 

On my day off Friday we spent part of the day couch shopping (hooray for me). The store had the sofa she liked last year back in stock. The price had almost doubled. Thanks Bidenflation. 

Did you know when the government calculates inflation it does not consider gas or food? Imagine what the economy would look like if those commodities that most affect or wallets were included.

The downside to taking a vacation day is the work you didn’t do still needs done. At this point I have fifty plus emails I need to deal with. The normal Monday load will continue to arrive. Time to work instead of goofing around on the blog.

Enjoy your Monday.

2 comments:

glasslass said...

Actually ordered a sofa/hassock yesterday on Amazon. I went into sticker shock when I started looking so friend who had bought one on Amazon, and it's gorgeous and not so soft you sink. Cheapest I've been able to find was on Amazon. Looked there and other sites for 2 months. My kids and 1 grand-baby are grown so no little one's climbing all over the furniture. But when I had smalls I never spent much cause I knew it would be replaced within a few years. Bought a cream color one! Never could do that before.

Angie said...

Check out Amazon and Wayfair to see if they have your couch at a better price. We looked at a coffee table over the weekend. The last one I bought was $150. The asking price is now $750! Also lunch today at Panera for Pick Two was $19!!! Unreal!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger