November 15, 2022

Zippity zap

It is morning. I’m off in a bit to once again get bleeders in my retina cauterized via laser. I had this done back in March. Not a great experience, but not too awful either. In my follow up check last week it was determined I have a hemorrhage in one place and several other bleeders in my left eye, so it is zap, zap, zap again. I get some more done in n my right eye in two weeks. Diabetes, the gift that keeps on giving. 

All told, this will make the seventh procedure of one type or another on my left eye between cornea transplants (yes, plural) and retina zapping. And it will be number three on my right eye later in the month. 

On the bright side, I see pretty well and a significant amount of the latest problem is self-imposed. Considering I was legally blind in 2016 and my vision is corrected 20/30, I can’t complain. How bad was my vision before the cornea transplants in 2016? Try the second line on the eye chart bad. Just think, I was driving the highways forty thousand miles a year! 

A mix of snow flurries and sleet is expected this morning for my trip to the eye doc. I have my darkest sunglasses handy for the trip home with dilated eye. 

On the bright side, it is payday. 

2 comments:

glasslass said...

What eye doctors can do now is a miracle. Prayers are with you I'm sure from all of us. Hubby had diabetes and had multiple laser seasons with the doc. I had both eyes zapped this spring after my cataract surgery last Nov as I had formed bubbles on the optic nerve. Doesn't hurt but driving home into the sun with dilated eyes is eye watering.

Cappy said...

Good luck and be well.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger