December 29, 2022

Sad Face Warning

i know you will be disappointed, but there will be no Theme Song Thursday this week. It’s not that I’m too busy, it’s that I don’t feel like putting in even the minimum work it takes to create the post. 

You are lucky you are getting letters and words at all.

Apparently there were lay-off at corporate yesterday. It appears I am safe. Keep your fingers crossed. Many of the other new employees are gone. Trust me, the economy is not as strong as they want you to believe. 

Temperatures continue to rise. We stayed above freezing last night and may get close to 60F by the NewYear. Last Friday the windchill was -40. Monday it will be 60, that is a 100 degree swing in the feel of the outside air.  Weather is crazy, and anyone who claims they can accurately forecast it more than a few days out is wrong. 

Anyone who claims they can predict it decades out is a fraud. 

I know, you are still sad about the theme song thing. You will be OK.

4 comments:

Cappy said...

Good luck Be well, and Happy New Year.

glasslass said...

Well I shed a tear or two but I'll live. Daughter found out 2 days prior to Christmas her company was shutting down on Feb 1. Merry Christmas. And we are having the same temp swings. But the snow is gone.

Jean said...

I celebrate melting snow whenever we get it.

Fingers crossed that your job is safe for a long time.

Practical Parsimony said...

Temp got down to 7 degrees last week, I believe exactly a week ago. Today, it was 72F here. Iam glad you are safe.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger