April 30, 2023

The Teachers Should Strike

I have been a member of a union twice. Both times it was forced upon me. Both were for different summer jobs while I was in college. I was a supervisor in a union plant and I saw how the union stifles productivity, rewards mediocrity, and protects bad workers. I hate unions as a dinosaur of past times. I’m am certainly not a fan if f teachers unions and I am against teachers strikes. Until now..

The teachers at the Newport News Schools should walk out on Monday in solidarity and protest. After a first grade teacher was shot by a six year-old earlier this school year, I’m sure you remember the case, the school district says it A simple workman’s comp case. Seriously, teaching a violent, murderous kid and getting shot is “a routine part of the job”? 

Administrators had reports this kid had a gun and failed to adequately search him or call the cops. Is it worth $40 million, that I don’t know, but it is certainly not a simple workman’s comp case. 

This is why people hate lawyers. 

3 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Well then! Would you looky this! I drop in for the hell of it and agree with Joe on something.

huh.

Joe said...

Hola Erin

Cappy said...

Daughter taught in the Indy Public School System. Teachers were not allowed to call the police about any student assault.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger