June 9, 2023

The spotlight's hitting something That's been known to change the weather

Yesterday was the wife’s redacted birthday. The grandgirls helped me bake a chocolate cake. We did not do much celebrating, the girls had their dance recital last night. Both did great. I did take the wife for a steak dinner on Wednesday. 

The baseball season is about a third of the way complete. The Cubs are ten games under .500. I cannot look forward to the NFL season, I have no hope the Colts will be competitive. So it goes. 

It looks to be decent weather Saturday, so I hope to get some more yard work done. Sunday may bring some much needed rain. In the meantime, I have work today. The paying kind. 

I had a couple of professional writers take a look at the opening portion of my someday novel. Both gave me valuable insight. I think I may start a new blog and publish it in sections. Stay tuned and watch the sidebar. BTW, it is mostly complete. Now it needs significant editing. The end needs a bit more flesh, but it is done in principle.

Here is some music for your Friday. Since it is apparently some sort of law we must acknowledge the alphabeters, here is the Queen himself:



3 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Don't publish it in sections on a blog. Get a good beta reader or two, incorporate their comments as you see fit, then publish using Amazon KDP or something like that.

I don't make a lot in royalties but it's nothing to sneeze at, either.

Anonymous said...

Good advice

Anonymous said...

Thanks Fuzzy. I believe that is good advice

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger