August 9, 2023

Off to see the wizard

You may remember back at the onset of July I had a bleeder issue in my eye that necessitated a needle in the eyeball. No? You can look it up, I’m too lazy. 

Things are not better. It is like I am looking through a brown veil in my left eye. I’m off this morning to get some laser cauterizing done on my retina. Whoot. 

The ones before were small affairs. I think this one is gonna suck. 

I’ve been wrong before*. Perhaps I am this time.

What a world we live in where people have the skill for such delicate surgery. 

*Do not tell my wife I admitted ever being wrong. 

Edit:  no laser today.  Gonna need surgery. 😟

7 comments:

Greybeard said...

Scary stuff.
Hope it works out well.

Anonymous said...

Good luck sir. What doctor's can do nowadays is amazing. Eyesight is one of the last things I want to go wrong with myself. Tell the doctor not to 1/2 ass it.

Jean said...

Geez, Joe. Sorry to hear this.
Hope it goes well.

Cappy said...

I hope it goes well, and a complete and speedy recovery.

glasslass said...

Had Cataracts removed and 4 months later had to go have 'bubbles' removed from back of eye with laser. Amazing what modern medicine is now capable of. I can handle the laser but don't know about the eyeball needle. Just let us know and we'll unleash prayer on Heave for you.

Anonymous said...

I will go for surgery in early September
So it goes. It’s not the first time my eyeballs have been under the knife.

Joe

Practical Parsimony said...

I face a possibility of retina surgery because my puckering macula is pulling the retina loose from something. I keep my fingers crossed that this stops soon.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger