August 8, 2023

Hey Grandpa…

Last night I dug out the mandolin slicer and cut up a few spuds. I sprayed some foil with cooking spray snd layered the foil with sliced potatoes, cubes of Colby cheese, onion, and more potatoes. Some salt and red pepper flakes provided seasoning. I wrapped up the foil pack and tossed it on the grill for about an hour. 

Since I had the slicer out I cut up a little cucumber and put it in a bowl with onion, vinegar, salt and ice water. I sliced up a couple of fresh garden tomatoes on the cutting board. 

When the potatoes were almost done I threw some hamburger patties on the grill and heated a can of baked beans. 

We had a supper fit for a king last night. 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YumYum
Maggie

Practical Parsimony said...

That sounds so good. I am terrified of my mandolin. I have never used it.

Anonymous said...

That meal sounds great.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger