September 7, 2023

Like freshly canned peaches

I am off today to have my left eyeball sliced open yet again. The blood from the torn vessel on July 2 is still blurring my vision. I have never before looked forward to a procedure in my life. Ha! He said “looked.” 

I hope by early next week to have my normal shitty vision returned.

Counting the two cornea transplants (one failed), this will be the third time my left eye has been operated on. Do I count the insertion of the plastic lens for cataracts when the transplant was done? In addition, I have had at least four laser procedures done on that eye to cauterize tiny bleeders. Oh, left eye, you are a pain! 

Right eye = one transplants and a couple of lasers, one to rid scar tissue from the transplant. What a good eye!

I have some audio books and podcasts ready to go, besides, I will still have the use of the right eye. 

Anyway, this is a canned post. I’ll be under the knife by the time you read this. Assume everything went fine. 

I have a not-so-fresh entry penned for Friday already. We shall see where I am on Saturday. Don’t worry if I don’t put up anything, unless I fail to post for a week or so. Then you can assume the worst. So it goes. 

I have no intention of letting the crappy joke canned for tomorrow be my last blogging words. It would be fitting, but a pity.

4 comments:

Cappy said...

Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

slugmama said...

Hoping your procedure goes well and your peeper is finally good and functional.
We look forward to more pithy and astute observations from you in the future.
Hugs!

glasslass said...

Prayers up for you. We'll be here when your back.

Jean said...

All good thoughts for you!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger