September 6, 2023

We need a Rush

My City Was Gone by the Pretenders came on the radio. Like millions, as soon as I heard the opening riff my mind went straight to Rush Limbaugh. Some days I miss the radio host’s bombastic analysis. We need a unifying voice for conservative  politics these days.

In fairness, I miss the Rush from the early years, not what he became in the end. I did not listen to Rush much in the last years. 

I do remember the early days. I had started a new job. I was living in a hotel while my family prepared to move. I knew no one, so I grabbed fast food and drove to the park to eat my lunch and listened to the AM radio in my old ‘66 Chevy truck. And then that opening riff started and there was a guy who articulated exactly what I thought. It was great.

I think it is fair to say much of the polarization of today’s politics lie with the success of his show. As Rush pointed out the total bias and hypocrisy of the mainstream media, they dug in and tried to put up a unified front to counterbalance Limbaugh’s immense popularity. 

We need someone to be that guy today. 




2 comments:

Cappy said...

We sure do!

Practical Parsimony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger