October 2, 2023

Monday morning you sure look fine

Monday is here. No complaints about that from me, I’m thankful for my job. I actually like my work. Sunday could have been better. Meaningful baseball is done until April, at least for the Cubs who choked away September in a manner reminiscent of 1969. The Colts staged a mighty comeback after a dismal first half only to fall in overtime. 

I went to the doctor for a routine check Friday. He concluded my handful of different meds I’ve been taking for a while isn’t working anymore. My A1c has been steady in spite of increased dosages. So starting Friday night I’m poking insulin in my belly. I guess I was able to hold off injecting insulin for eleven or twelve years. But I’m still not thrilled with it. And the alternative is kidney failure, stroke, heart attack, loss of limbs, death. I guess a little stab in the gut isn’t a big deal. 

Have a great Monday.




2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I dreaded the day I would have to give myself a shot in stomach. It actually is no big deal.

Joe said...

I’ve poked Ozembic for over a year, and a different med before that.. I was on insulin briefly about six or seven years ago. It’s no biggie.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger