January 20, 2024

Is it the red knobs that makes it valuable?

 

Sometimes you run across something on the interwebz that is so Mind-bending crazy you are left nearly stupefied with disbelief. 

Consider this four-slice toaster on Amazon. I’m sure it is a fine product, but it is a toaster. It cooks bread. That’s all it does. It is not made of gold or platinum. No artisan hand-forged the metal or inlaid delicate filigree like a Faberge Egg. We are talking 1920’s technology here. 

What I do find remarkable is not that a company is selling a $300 toaster, but rather that more than three hundred people actually bought one of these in the last month! I mean what were you thinking? 

Look, I’m not  judgemental. Well, maybe a little. Okay, often, but stick with me here. I may judge you by your politics, your face piercings, or your blue hair. How you spend your hard-earned money is your business. You work hard and want a sports car or a Bentley. Not my concern. If you want gold plated hardware in your bathroom, it is none of my business. If you collect guitars or guns, I say, whatever. 

If you buy a $300 toaster you are a blithering idiot. 

7 comments:

Linda said...

First of all, it a Wolf. Second, the ad uses the word innovative, so it has to be advanced technology, right? And, it can toast one slice at a time. This must need a huge counter to hold it. I agree with your analysis of the person who would buy this just because they say it is good.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Worse, it's $399, not $300. So nearly $400.

Anonymous said...

Apparently from the comments it was nearly $700 at one point

Joe

Anonymous said...

I’ve had my eye on a SMEG
Maggie

Jean said...

The world is made up of blithering idiots, unfortunately.

Greybeard said...

Toaster we had for 40 years conked out a month ago.
Trip to Wally World- We find a Black and Decker Two-slicer for $19.99.
Made in China, I doubt it will last 40 years.

Cappy said...

You could build a Wafflebot for that amount! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhVeO77ee2I

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger