October 8, 2026

Baseball been berry berry good to me

I just cannot get excited about the baseball playoffs. Look at who is still involved. Who can I care about? 

The Dodgers? Nope Buying championships rings hallow.

The Yankees? I would rather root for any other team in baseball.

The Sox, Rays, Guardians? The American League is responsible for the designated hitter, I cannot forgive that abomination. 

Milwaukee? As a Cubs man that is almost as bad as cheering for the Cardinals. 

The Padres? 1984. "Nuff said.

I might have hoped for Cleveland,  despite the DH thing, since they now have the longest streak since they last one a World Series, but getting rid of the Indians moniker for something as stupid as "Guardians" keeps me from caring. Sorry Jean.

So, baseball ended early for me this year. 


Edit. I know some of the series have ended and a couple of teams moved on yesterday. I'm an idiot and failed to move this from draft earlier. Send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will refund your subscription fee for this month. Satisfaction guaranteed and all that.

2 comments:

Cappy said...

The Cleveland team is cursed by God. Forsaking the noble Chief, akin to the deity JoBu, the greedhead owner adopted the graven image of some plinth adorning the Lorain-Carnegie bridge as the blasphemous idol of the team. In Cleveland, the sacrifice actually is a sacrifice to Baal. Also when they shout "Play Baal". Sheesh, read up on Jezebel of once, idiots!

Jean said...

We didn't ask for any of that.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger