August 15, 2011

A new week brings changes

A sense of panic is settling in around the old homestead. School starts Wednesday. We can bellyache all we want about it being too early, but that is the start date. The wife is looking at the list of undone projects she had planned to do. The boy is looking at the list of books he was supposed to read (Bullshit I say to assigning homework over summer break for a class you have not yet started). Only a few items are ticked off the wife's list.  Only about 1/2 of 1/4 the books on the boy's list are done. C'est la vie.

So this week the late night video sessions, the sleeping in to lunch time all comes to an end. I will have the house to myself on office days.  The routine will again be my own.

There will be lots of complaining around the house for the next several days. For once it will not be my complaints!

I hope my new glasses come in today. The pair perched upon my Germanic nose were purchased in 2005. Not only are they way out of style and too wide for my face (I have lost more than 50 pounds since I got them), but I can't see out of them. I know I should have had them replaced long ago. But when you have kids in college their needs come first. Plus I always found excuses not to go. Call it a personality quirk. I hate to go to any doctor -- dentist, physician, optometrist, it makes no difference.

I find myself curiously unmotivated as I enter this work week. I really am just not in the mood. I am half-tempted to call in a vacation day. I rarely find myself in this kind of mood. I don't want to waste a vacation day with nothing planned, so I will force myself to get busy. The stack of unfiled expense reports needs to be done. I have receipts dating to June. I promised never to get so far behind again, but there you go. I guess procrastination runs in the family.

Have a great Monday.

4 comments:

Fred said...

Expense reports.

You have my sympathy.

Mockingbird said...

Take a week off. Come down to Jacksonville and we'll go fishing in the Gulfstream!

Joe said...

oh Mockingbird that sounds great.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Funny, I was tempted to call in a vacation day as well. But I'd just end up working on other crap instead of relaxing, so I arsed myself to deal with another day at my day job.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger