October 2, 2021

That is me singing along off key

The past couple of years I have lamented not traveling for work. Worse, for most all of summer I couldn’t even drive. The new gig has me back on the road and I’m digging it. September found me on the streets and highways to the tune of about 2,000 miles. I rode another 800 or 900 with my boss. Yes, I’m on the road again. 

I’m not on the old international or nationwide circuit anymore. A few years ago I had ten states in the upper Midwest. I’m more local focusing on Indiana and Kentucky now. I’m good with that.

I’m still out meeting customers, I hope to get to real prospecting and selling as I go along. 

Next week looks like some hard drives and long days. Hotels and dinners alone are in the cards. I’m good with that. I’m loaded with audiobooks and podcasts. I have music on my phone and a radio in my F-150. I’m back doing what I’m supposed to do. Windshield time is easy money.

Yes, rest assured I will be complaining about yet another powdered egg hotel breakfast or how my butt gets tired of riding, or how other people drive in the coming months. I’m good at complaining. I will still be secretly happy. I’ll be doing what I was meant to do.


I’m not a musician, but his description of life on the road fits.

Have a great Saturday. We are off to a wedding this evening. It looks like it will be a soggy, rainy day. No bride should have to get married on a rainy day. So it goes. I’m not in charge of weather.

Have a great Saturday.

2 comments:

Cappy said...

Hard drives?

Use the cloud! Amazon/Google/FarceBook demand it!

Anonymous said...

From 1990 to 2008 I was on the road, airplane for the most part, until the collapse of the mortgage industry in 10/08. Worked finishing up jobs until early 2009. Then put away the suitcase and get use to one bed. Really miss the travel and meeting all the new people. Was out of country on one and sat down with president of company selling off their mtg. division and when asked why the foreclosures were so low he said without a smile, simple, our collectors carry guns. Nothing left to say. Stay safe, drive carefully. So happy to hear that grandbaby is out of the woods.
Margi

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger