January 20, 2022

It is again that time of year

I’m generally a live and let live kind of guy. One topic bugs the crap out of me however. It  has been nearly a month. Turn off your damn Christmas lights. Look, it’s cold, you don’t have to take them down. You can unplug them. 

There are at least six houses within three blocks of me that are still burning their lights. Enough already.

My late mother-in-law kept her Christmas lights around the edge of the carport year round. At one point, when they burnt out, she added new ones. She didn’t take down the old set. She just hung them over the old set. BUT SHE DID NOT TURN THEM ON AFTER CHRISTMAS. 

Yes, I’m shouting.

Enough. Just turn off.

4 comments:

Greybeard said...

My birthday is 25 January.
In respect, they should stay on until then.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Personally, in this grey winter, frozen with nothing to look forward to in the near future, I find them cheery.

Anonymous said...

Their house, their choice! ��

Joe said...

If history holds true, at least two of these houses will still be lit in April, when the bulbs finally burn out.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger