June 30, 2022

On this day

 It was a Saturday. I know that. I know the year - 1984.  I know the date - June 30. I was just out of college, barely employed. What money was saved was done by my girlfriend. What furniture we had she bought. I saved my first paychecks for the honeymoon. In just hours we would be married. 

We got married, had a small reception and headed off on our life together. It has been 38 years. A lot of better, a fair share of worse. But the worse was always outside forces — losing jobs, bad financial decisions. 

I’m lucky, I married my best friend. Thirty-eight more years with this girl wouldn’t upset me.

6 comments:

slugmama said...

Aww, that's a sweet sentiment and nice tribute to the life you two have built together.
Here's to 38 more years together!
PS-In August we'll celebrate our 40th. 8-)

KP said...

Happy Anniversary! We're at 34 this year and I agree with your sentiment.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Happy Anniversary and many more!

Cappy said...

Happy Anniversary Joe!

glasslass said...

Happy Anniversary. I got a wonderful 20 years with my best friend and lover. Wouldn't have traded a moment. Go have another 38 years so you can collect some great grandchildren.

Ralphd00d said...

Late to hear it, but Happy Anniversary!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger