September 4, 2022

firing up the way back machine.



I’ve often described I had a baby face and looked far younger than my years for decades. Only in the past few years do I look my age (perhaps even older). 

Sorry, gone. you should read here every day

Here is 14 year-old me in the fall of my freshman year in high school. I could have passed for a 10 year old. For some reason this is one of my favorite pictures of young me. Despite the assumed scowl, the real sarcastic me was about to erupt in wry humor. Trust me. I found much of life amusing in those years. 

My thick wavy hair didn’t lend itself to the styles of 1976, yet I am certain I was probably wearing bell bottoms of moderate flair. 

Since this was my freshman year, I can guess I was about 5’3 or so and weighed right at 100 lbs.. So no, I wasn’t a ninety-eight pound weakling. 

Had any girl spoken to me I would have turned six shades of red. 

I wasn’t one of the cool kids. I wasn’t a nerd/ loser either. I just was. 

2 comments:

Cappy said...

If That 70's show was set in Indiana...

Greybeard said...

Yeah,
You coulda been a TV star.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger