October 12, 2022

At least it is not Tuesday

The wife is off “work” this week. The granddaughters are on fall break and they have skipped off to the beach. I wish I was at the beach...

Unfortunately, the wife is also sick. A rough case of bronchitis has her hacking and coughing. I know she feels miserable. She woke me in the night coughing and I couldn’t get back to sleep. Now I will be groggy for my monthly sales meeting call; an event that nearly puts me to sleep when I get a full night’s rest, let alone when I get up at four in the morning. I did get caught up on House of Dragon, so there is that. I ain’t mad at the wife , she cannot help being sick. 

Yesterday, as I finished off work, I thought I’d enjoy the nice fall weather and retire to the patio to read a bit while the wife was at the doctor (see above). I no sooner sat down and it started raining. So it goes, I moved in to the couch with my Kindle. It looks like a gloomy, rainy day is on tap for today. 

I took Friday off, hoping we could do something for a long weekend. It doesn’t look like that will happen. The bank is a bit low on Monopoly money right now. The wife has hinted about painting the family room/kitchen instead. Yay. 

A quick check of the clock confirms it is well past noon in Germany. I need to fire up the work computer and prompt my Prussian colleagues  to respond to Big Customer who has asked for answers for more than a week. I hate that a big part of my job is making sure other people do theirs. 

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Prayers that your wife heals quickly.
I hate that a big part of my job is waiting for other people do theirs.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger