February 18, 2024

History in song. Sort of.

Time to lighten things up. I was perusing the interwebz while listening to classic country music on the super spy smart speaker on my desk just now when a song came on I’ve never heard. Ever. 

Who knew? 


Yes, by the sausage guy. 


PS. If you bought my book or even got it free last month, leave me a review on Amazon. Even a bad review is welcomed. We can only improve when our shortcomings are recognized. Of course if you found it reminiscent of early Hemingway, you can tell me that too!😎

6 comments:

slugmama said...

Jimmy was a singer(or rather a "sanger" as pronouncced in the South, long before he started hawking sausage. I never found his singer that good, Johnny Horton did this type of song much better. Jimmy's best work was "Big John" IMHO.

Rey B said...

Have to check but I think I have a copy on vinyl. My mother gifted me her album collection years ago.

Joe said...

Rey, true story, I was reading an old post yesterday and you had commented. I thought “Rey B hasn’t commented for a long time,” and here you are!

Sludgy, Big John is by far his best.

Rey B said...

Still around. Lost track of your site for a while as my computer crashed and I had to rebuild. Back to reading and occasional comments.

Anonymous said...

Geez, SLUGGY— stupid autocorrect

Linda said...

Yes! I loved that song!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger